Monday, August 18, 2008

Top Tips for a Tops Steak

I've got a bit of a secret that I want to share with you guys, because honestly...everyone deserves to know how to cook a good steak. I've had my fair share of average steaks, so hopefully sharing some tips will ensure that fewer people have to suffer through that chew-it-fifty-five-times-before-you-swallow-it agony... So here we go:
  1. Season meat: a smear of olive oil and a nice grind of salt and pepper blend (I recommend using black, white, pink and green peppercorns)
  2. For medium-rare: cook it 3min lengthways on a fairly hot grill, then turn it at a right angle across the grill to get the criss-crossed charcoaled pattern. Cook for another 3 mins. Repeat on reverse side. Cook for 12 mins tops.
  3. Rest: loosely wrap in foil and rest of 7-8 mins before serving.
  4. Eat! Alyways with a great cab. sauv. or a nice Bordeaux